A quick update on the RepRep 3D Prusa Mendel I’m working on. I made a print! Several actually.

For my first test I wanted something small and flat. I ended up with this lovely Space Invader.

Not awesome, but, hey, it’s a print! I’m using PLA (‘cause that’s what it came with), a hotend temp of 200C, and a bed temp of 60C.

After making some adjustments to steps per unit to get the movement adjusted, I grabbed a 50mm calibration angle. This is a good print for dialing in settings.

As you can see, there’s some issues. The print should be smooth and straight. The layers aren’t sticking together and there are gaps.

Dunno why yet, temperature and speed seem like likely avenues. But whatever it is, I’m going to learn!

Comments